Monday, February 4, 2013

9 To 5

First day back at work!  After 2 1/2 hours, I was forced to concede that Chris and the doctor were correct.  I am not in any shape to work full time.  I had a whopper of a contraction!  And I've had quite a few small ones since coming home.

To be safe, I've been taking it easy.  I did some stretches, but nothing intense.  Just light moves to relieve back and leg pain.  My plan was to bake this delicious looking chocolate cake when I got home, but it is definitely more than I can handle right now.  I hate having to admit that.  Baking a cake is too much work for my body right now. 

But that's alright. I have nice, easy dinner planned that should be simple enough for Chris to make if I don't feel up to it.  It has macaroni noodles and cheese, so I know my two nerds are going to love it.  It doesn't take much to make them happy.  Last night, they had fun with science experiments.  I have no idea what they were doing, but they were burning things to see what colors the flames would turn.  It was pretty cute listening to Grace yammer on about sodium and oxygen and the periodic table.  It was all foreign to me!

Hopefully this week will continue to be a smooth return to my regular daily routine.  I'm now fully aware of my body's need for rest.  If I'm really lucky, that cake will be in my tummy by the end of the week!



1 comment:

  1. Cake would've been a nice way to celebrate. [I love the sentiment on that picture!]

    ReplyDelete