Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Always Something

Due to a miscommunication, I spent a few hours in Labor & Delivery yesterday. For over a week I've consistently had 2-3 contractions per hour. Monday and Tuesday baby was barely moving. Chris made me promise to call the doctor, so I did. I left a message for her and sat back and waited. It took 2 1/2 hrs for the nurse to call back, she told me to go to the hospital right now. Really?! I didn't feel that anything serious was happening. But I'm not a doctor, so what do I know?

I was hooked up to a fetal monitor, and guess what? Baby boy attacked the dang thing. And then promptly lost interest. After recording his heart rate, movements and my contractions, they notified my doctor that all was well. Her response? "Oh, I thought she was having over six contractions an hour." Um. No. Who said that? If I were having that many, I wouldn't waste time calling the doctor, I would run myself straight to the hospital.

I'm upset that I had to go, but it wasn't a total waste. Turns out I have a urinary tract infection which could be the source of the contractions. It's always something. Can this pregnancy be drama free from here on out? Please?  I've seriously had enough stress.  It's time for this baby to be a good boy and behave.

Other than that, things here are pretty mundane. Knitting mitts and baby hats. This weekend I'll be making some hair bows for my cousin's baby. Simple and relaxing. It'll hopefully stay that way. If you'll excuse me, this mama needs a snack. Toodles!



No comments:

Post a Comment