Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Bumps In The Road

On Monday I was put on modified bed rest. I had to do a second one hour glucose test. And I failed. Today I had to do the three hour glucose test. It was horrible. Fifteen hours without eating and four blood tests.

You have to drink double the concentrate glucose on an empty stomach. It gives you a splitting headache and intense nausea. I had to lie down between blood draws. They made it clear if I threw up, I would have to do the test over again. No. Thank. You. My arms are bruised.

Hopefully the results will be in tomorrow. On Saturday I'm having a growth ultrasound. The doctor believes I'm having a sumo baby. Which is why I was rechecked for gestational diabetes. And part of the reason I was placed on modified bed rest. My blood pressure has been elevated, also not good.

I am not worried. At this point, all we can really do is laugh. It's always something! This baby is putting us through our paces. And we still choose hope. It's just another bump in the road.





1 comment:

  1. I hope your results are favorable for both the glucose test and ultrasound. And I'm glad you didn't throw up. Hang in there... all of you!

    ReplyDelete